You are hereThe Forums : How to Use Them.
The Forums : How to Use Them.
Naplwrimo is a community that takes shape over the course of November. Observing the main forum guidelines helps the community come together effectively so we can all have a good time!
- GROUND RULES
1. Play nice. We're all here to have fun and write a play, so please be respectful of the other writers at all times.
2. Everyone must check-in weekly. Weekly check-ins are Sundays in the forums. If you want to stay on track, writing 18 pages per week is a good goal.
3. Daily check-ins keep you motivated and engaged with other playwrights. Though not mandatory, we've found that daily check-ins keep the writing process moving forward.
- SUBJECT FIELD IN FORUM TOPICS
When you start a new forum topic please remember to include a specific topic heading. This helps readers quickly find the information they need in the forums. For instance if you're starting a thread and want to know about forums, it's much better to have Forums as a subject line than Can anyone help me? A good rule of thumb is to omit little words and subjects in subject lines. Adjectives and nouns are usually a better choice.
If you're responding to a thread, you also need to fill out the subject field of your comment. If you don't include a suject, the site automatically picks the first few words of your post. It can be annoying to have titles appear as "well, yeah..." or "i know... me too."
- HOW WILL I KNOW IF SOMEONE RESPONDS TO MY FORUM POST ?
The recently posted page is your friend. It will show you everything that's been posted to the site since you last visited.
- COMMENT VIEW SETTINGS.
Why are comments not nested together on forum threads?
This is an option set by users. To set your own, follow these instructions.
At the bottom of each thread, you should see the following:
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.To have nested comments, you have to select "threaded comments". "Flat list" displays the comments as they are posted without nesting them together.
Have a question that isn't answered here? Email the forums moderator at email@example.com
Thanks for being here. Thanks for playing!
Naplwrimo runs on love, sweat and your generous help.
Thank you to our donors!
Machelle Allman, Holly Arsenault, Will Bond, Karen Chandler, Michael Lee, Leslie Liautaud, Jeff Mackey, Maggie McAleese, Marian McNamee, Marla Porter, and all our anonymous donors.